Posted on March 12, 2014
Filed under Resources
The Proclamation Trust has been posting videos from their just-concluded Spring Wives Conference:
Lindsay & Wallace Benn – Ministry marriage.
And the Proc Trust’s Adrian Reynolds reflects on the importance of the Conference.
Andy Naselli writes: “In some circles Calvinism unfortunately has a reputation for being sinfully contentious, especially when self-labeled Calvinists are arrogant and when non-Calvinists misunderstand what Calvinism really is. This 94-page book should help.”
John Piper speaks about his book “Five Points – Towards a Deeper Experience of God’s Grace”, here, where it’s also available as a free PDF download.
“The order list published this morning by the United States Supreme Court shows that, after relisting the case for its conferences four times, it has denied certiorari (review) in No. 13-449, The Falls Church v. Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America, et al.”
– A S Haley, The Anglican Curmudgeon, with bad news for The Falls Church in Virginia.
Posted on March 11, 2014
Filed under Anglican Communion
– Story from the Anglican Communion News Service.
Posted on March 10, 2014
Filed under Resources
During March 2014, Ligonier Ministries’ Reformation Trust is giving away the eBook of Derek Thomas’ How the Gospel Brings Us All the Way Home. It’s an exploration of the wonderful Romans chapter 8.
Posted on March 9, 2014
Filed under Sydney Diocese
The Rev Joseph Fung and Dr Nancy Fung have been appointed as Moore College’s first cross-cultural chaplains.
Here are a few items from the last week you might have missed –
- Christ Church Cathedral Newcastle film festival during Lent with Bishop Greg Thompson.
- A Statement Concerning the Consecration of Rev Dr Sarah Macneil in the Anglican Diocese of Grafton.
- Clarification on the Church of Uganda’s Relationship with the Church of England.
- 31 Days of Purity – from Tim Challies.
- New Moore Distance Courses – new options from MTC.
“This is actually a helpful episode, because Andrew draws out from Steve what he really thinks… This is liberalism and nothing more.”
- Steve Chalke or the repentant Rosaria? Whose religious experience? – Mike Ovey.
- Confidence in God and the word he has given us – Mark Thompson.
- Restoring Confidence In The Bible? Let’s Start With Confident Pastors, Seminary Professors and Church Leaders – Colin Adams.