Sydney University Evangelical Union ‘facing deregistration’
Posted on March 14, 2016
Filed under News
“A five-year tussle between the University of Sydney Union and the Evangelical Union has finally reached an impasse, with the university now unequivocally stating that the EU must remove the requirement for members to sign a faith-based declaration, and threatening them with deregistration from the clubs and societies program if they fail to comply by 31 March…“
– This report from Eternity newspaper.
Story from Honi Soit, 13 March 2016.
What we Believe, featuring a video from past President Hugh Chilton.
The Doctrinal Basis of the EU
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The universal guilt and sinfulness of man since the Fall rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin, only through the sacrificial death, as our Representative and Substitute, of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God.
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and His birth by the Virgin Mary.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Jesus Christ effective to individual sinners, granting each one repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.