Owners Peter and Hazelmary Bull had been successfully sued by gay couple Martyn Hall and Steven Preddy, and ordered to pay £3,600 in damages. …”
29 minutes. Watch it and pass it on.
“Defence Sunday is held annually on the Sunday nearest to Remembrance Day (11 November).
We use the day to:
- Draw attention to the spiritual needs and wellbeing of those who serve in the Australian Defence Force (ADF) as sailors, soldiers or airmen and airwomen.
- Foster prayer support within Churches for those who serve the nation through ADF service.
- Encourage clergy to consider service as full or part-time Australian Defence Force Chaplains.
- Build bridges of cooperative partnership between the Anglican ministry to the Australian Defence Force and diocese and parish churches across Australia.”
– Details, prayers, and other resources you can use on the day here.
“Navy Chaplain Andrew Lewis washes dishes in the scullery on board the transport ship HMAS Success – not because he has to, but because it gives him ‘permission to sit down with the cooking staff at morning tea’.
He then goes up to the bridge to chat to the officers on duty before heading off to a meeting with the commander of the ship. …”
– Read it all at Defence Anglicans.
As Adrian Reynolds of the Proclamation Trust observes, today is Dick Lucas’ eighty-eighth birthday.
Let’s give thanks for this dear brother who has been such a blessing to so many.
These are some of the key stories you might have missed during August –
“Chappo knew as much about denominational politics as anyone. He was after all a member of the ACL. But the legacy he left us with was a passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ.”
ACL President’s address, 15 August 2013
In 2003 I received an important lesson in priorities. At the time I was ministering in The Episcopal Church (TEC), Dallas, Texas.
In 2003, the TEC General Convention consented to a practicing homosexual becoming the Bishop of New Hampshire. That led to a sequence of events that changed the Anglican Communion forever. Read more