Greg Clarke’s The Great Bible Swindle has been awarded Christian Book of the Year.
Applications are now open for the NSW CMS Summer School at Katoomba, 3-9 January 2015.
Be sure to check the FAQ for costs and latest updates.
In the latest Mortification of Spin podcast from the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals, Carl Trueman, Todd Pruitt and Aimee Byrd discuss the ‘Fifty Shades’ best selling book and coming movie – and how Christians should respond.
This year’s Lecturer is Dr Mike Horton from Westminster Seminary California.
His topic: Lord & Life-Giver: The Holy Spirit Changes Everything.
Rick Phillips, Senior Minister at Second Presbyterian Church in Greenville, South Carolina, has written a prayer you could use or adapt. And you will be helped by checking the Bible references he gives too. At Reformation21.
The latest 9Marks Journal is out and is available for free download in a variety of formats.
Dear Friends and colleagues,
Having read my letter to the Prime Minister of Australia, a great many people are asking how they might take action.
1. Do please pray for an end to the violence – resources for prayer and giving are here. This is a good link if you are living in the northern hemisphere.
2. The Bible Society has launched an appeal. You can give here.
3. Through your own email contacts and social media outlets ensure local leaders and politicians and are apprised of what is in fact taking place. This link really should go viral.
4. The most recent statement of the Archbishop of Canterbury is also worth circulating widely.
5. For those who wanted an electronic link to my letter (to on-send to local leaders and politicians) it is here.
6. Finally – a note from Archbishop Mouneer – expressing his thankfulness for our interest and prayer. You are at liberty to circulate widely.
My dear Bishop Stuart,
Greetings in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ!
I cannot tell you how much your prayers and encouragement means to me and to the Christians in the Middle East especially at this very difficult time.
Please continue to pray for us, as we will be praying that God will strengthen you.
May the Lord bless you!
The Most Rev. Dr. Mouneer Hanna Anis
Bishop of the Episcopal / Anglican Diocese of Egypt with North Africa and the Horn of Africa
President Bishop of the Episcopal / Anglican Province of Jerusalem and the Middle East
Diocesan & Provincial Offices. 5 Michel Lutfallah Street, Zamalek, Cairo 11211
“Anglican Aid has entered a partnership with the Episcopal Church of South Sudan and Sudan (ECSS&S) to support a project to assist communities prepare for an expected famine during the summer of 2014/15.
The expected famine is due to the inability of displaced people to plant crops.
While emergency food security will be provided by other agencies, the Church in South Sudan is assisting through a Peace Dividends Project to assist people to plant crops to provide longer term food security.…
Anglican Aid [is] suggesting people forgo a meal out and contribute the money to support South Sudan.”
Donations may be made online or by phoning 02 92841406. (Click the image for a larger version.)